Most people would love to sell a house fast. Sometimes, though, it’s tough to move a home off the market quickly, especially when the market is down or there is a recession. But there is always someone who is looking for a home and if you put in the effort, you can sell a house fast even if the market is not performing well. Wondering how to make it happen? Check out these tips.
- Learn More About the Market. When you want to sell a house fast, it is important to know a little about the market. Don’t just place an ad in the papers or a post “For Sale” signs outside your home. First, know what homes in your area cost so that you value the home well from the start of the process. Underpricing can result in a loss of many thousands of pounds and overpricing may mean your home remains unsold for months. The key is to price your home right.
- Do Some Cleaning. One of the key reasons why homes don’t sell fast is because the owner simply has not bothered with a deep clean before the house hits the market. The first thing you need to do is declutter – throw away everything that you have not used in six months. Walk through the front entrance and get rid of all dead plants, pots, and other personal items. Visitors to your home will first see the front entrance, and it must look presentable. If something is not working, fix it or have it repaired. Consider shampooing your carpets. To make the home look nice, plant some flowers, lay down a welcome mat, and make sure that the mailbox is clean and free of dust. These simple touches could make all the difference in the sale of your home.
- Make Quick Repairs. In general, you should always do quick repairs. First, survey the home and see what needs to be fixed. In most homes, the following quick repairs can make a major difference in the home presentation:
- Fix all loose tiles in the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom.
- Repair all loose/broken cabinets and hinges on the doors.
- Repair or replace all leaky faucets.
- Repair and repaint damaged walls.
- Apply finish to your hardwood floors to bring back the aesthetics and gloss.
- Utilise Professionals. One of the best ways to improve the aesthetics of your home is to utilise the service of an interior decorator or a professional home staging agency. You have to create a solid first impression and staging a home is perhaps the easiest way to make the home look gorgeous. You want the home to stand out, and professional teams can make that happen.
- Market Aggressively. If you want to sell a house fast, you also need to know how to market the property aggressively. In addition to using multiple listing services, you can place ads all over cyberspace including on social media platforms. Adding photos is critical as they reflect the best features of your home. Be sure, though, that you don’t use a smartphone to take those pictures. Instead, utilise the service of professional photographers as the images are far superior and have better resolution. Every photo should reveal something unique and interesting about your home. You may even want to make a video to help sell your house. Finally, place several signs in front of your home and also a link to your webpage so that potential buyers can check out the images of the inside of the home.
- Offer Onsite and Virtual Showings. A lot has changed in the world of real estate and one feature is showings. Besides physically showing your home, today many sellers offer links to their website where the potential buyer can have a virtual showing of the home- courtesy of a video. This is one of the best ways to generate interest in buyers as they can view the home at any time without causing any inconvenience to you.
If you’re looking to sell a house fast, it will take quite a bit of work to make it happen. There is another way, though. You could sell it for cash with GoodMove. At GoodMove, we buy homes for cash in just a matter of days. Don’t worry – this isn’t a situation where you’ll spend weeks waiting for the right buyer. Instead, all you need to do is provide your postcode and other minor details, and we’ll provide you with a fair market value of your home. Ready to get started, contact us today to learn more.